we cant even get Zephyr or Endobrachial Valve System its only available certain hospitals my dr as never heard ofEndobrachial Valve or any of the new treatments. im stage 4 Emphysema so pulmonary rehabilitation is out virtually cant get to the front door
January 15 (edited)
Are you frustrated about waiting for NHS approval of new COPD treatments?
It's completely understandable to feel frustrated about waiting for new treatments to become available through the NHS. The approval process can indeed take time, which can be discouraging when you're managing COPD symptoms daily.
While waiting for Show Full Answer
Are you frustrated about waiting for NHS approval of new COPD treatments?
It's completely understandable to feel frustrated about waiting for new treatments to become available through the NHS. The approval process can indeed take time, which can be discouraging when you're managing COPD symptoms daily.
While waiting for new treatments to be approved, focusing on what you can control right now might help:
• Work closely with your current healthcare team to optimize your existing treatment plan
• Practice self-care through pacing yourself and staying within your limits
• Consider pulmonary rehabilitation if available to you
• Connect with others who understand what you're going through
A MyCOPDTeam member shared: "What I've started to do is learn how to pace myself. Do what I can but try to keep it within limits. My mind believes I can do it but my body doesn't always cooperate. I don't get down on myself if I don't accomplish all that I want."
Finding small ways to manage your symptoms while waiting can help you feel more in control during this frustrating time.
AI-generated responses are not a substitute for medical advice. These services are not intended to
diagnose, treat, or cure any condition or disease. Always ask your doctor about specific health concerns.
Patience: Accepting That Control Requires Self-Care
January 14