With this winter storm going across the country. I started to check my supplies and make sure I have my bread, milk, and eggs. Make sure I have my phone and POC batteries all charged up.
With my POC, extra battery, and two large tanks, 2 small tanks of O2 I have 20 hours worth of oxygen on hand. Then I would need to move or resupply. What do you have?
Answer Summary
Members shared their emergency oxygen preparations for potential power outages, with most relying on a combination of portable oxygen... Read more
As I consider the different supplies I have on hand, and I think things out, I think that I could very easily go beyond a month without any problems.
I have 2 different oxygen concentrators that I can run on battery generators.
Also an Inogen G5 with 3 extended batteries. Plus 20 E-tanks. The 8 battery backup generators I can recharge either from the portable solar panels I have, or I can take them to our club house to change them up with the huge generator that they have. That's what I did last time we had a long power outage.
I don't like being caught unprepared for anything that I think may happen.
Just remembered that as a test one time I slept using the Inogen G5 for 2 nights to see how well it would work. It was great and had no problems using it.
Good afternoon all, I like to think I'm prepared if a power outage occurs in my area, as a veteran I get some assistance from my local VA oxygen clinic. I have 2 poc's and a generator with enough power to sustain and 12 small o2 tanks they hold up to 2 hours of oxygen, portable nebulizer, its a hand held device runs on batteries, good in a pinch I just have to make sure I keep plenty of batteries for it, so along with my medications I think I can get through an power outage, this is some good information, everyone is well prepared in case of such an emergency and Debra8, I feel your pain I have the same sentiment about our health system but what you're gonna do, we all do the best we can under our circumstances, God bless and breathe easy☺️
Hi Michael - I was checking my stuff too. I have 1 lrg and 1 small tank left here at home. Haven't used tanks in a long time but just in case. Also have my Inogen charged up and a small power bank for phones and car. But I was thinking I have become more and more dependent on using my cpap at night - I can go with just oxygen but sleep/O2 is not as good. I'm going to break down and get a solar power bank so I can run my cpap and recharge the inogen for as long as needed. As well as to power other things also. I would feel a lot better knowing I could recharge the bank with solar and be more at ease about breathing day or night. Ther are several good companies and many have long payment plans that could make it worth doing to have that comfort level in my life. I like to be prepared and I didn't feel like I was very well this time. I may have to give up some things for a while to afford it but thinking I will feel better in the long run without the worry. So - just a thought.
Hifolks! How do you guys get all the extra tanks? Medicare gave me an oxygo next with 1 battery and a home concentrator. They also gave me 1 large tank. I asked for some extra small tanks for pulmonary PT because I need continuous oxygen at PT. They said no because it isnt covered by medicare. They said I am only allowed 1 poc, 1 home concentrator, and one large tank if I lose power.
I have poc i rent from medicare! I have large tank and a couple small from medicare. I have large poc i rent from medicare! Yea MEDICARE!!!!! Depending on my sisters gift and my working to pay i have 2 Inogen pocs, 3 large batteries, 2 small that came with. I have also purchased a couple of ecoflow inverters that i keep charged and in case of power outage you can recharge batteries so many times according to ecoflow you get. I live where power goes out several times a year, hot or cold. A generator can power so much according to size. Best way to go for heat is large inverter or generator. In other words you have to either go with the pitiful help from MEDICARE or help yourself find a way to pay for stuff you buy yourself. They know stress is the worst on you. But, oh well. I dont want to stress myself too much but just have to say i put a lot into MEDICARE over all my working years. And they are still charging me 202.90 a month thats taken out of my ss check that was also paid into all those years and now make me pay rent on poc and big generator at home. I would like to know all i paid into MEDICARE and SS all those years.