Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I started getting these blotts on my skin on my for arms that look like blood under the skin. Its color is reddish purple. Is this a side effect of the Steroid in Breztri ?

February 3
 · 
Reactions
MyCOPDTeam

Are the reddish-purple blotches on your forearms a side effect of the steroid in Breztri?

The skin changes you're describing could be related to COPD and its treatments. People with COPD can experience skin changes including discoloration, thinning skin, and increased skin fragility. Some COPD medications, including Show Full Answer

Are the reddish-purple blotches on your forearms a side effect of the steroid in Breztri?

The skin changes you're describing could be related to COPD and its treatments. People with COPD can experience skin changes including discoloration, thinning skin, and increased skin fragility. Some COPD medications, including corticosteroid inhalers, can cause skin-related side effects or allergic reactions in some people.

The reddish-purple blotches that look like blood under the skin could potentially be related to:

- Thinning or damaged skin barrier, which is more common in people with COPD
- Medication side effects from corticosteroids or other COPD treatments
- Changes in blood flow or circulation related to COPD

It's important to contact your doctor about these skin changes. They can evaluate whether this is a medication side effect, determine if you need to adjust your treatment, or rule out other causes. Don't stop taking your medication without talking to your doctor first, as some medications can cause problems if suddenly discontinued.

Your doctor may want to examine the blotches and possibly refer you to a dermatology specialist if needed.

February 3
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Michelle, Thank You for answering my post. I have emphysema and take breztri and albuterol. I did some research on Gemini AI and it tells me that some people get side effects from steroids which is contained in Breztri. I saw my General Pract. Dr yesterday and he claims that that is incorrect and he has referred me to a Dermatologist. I know for sure that before I started taking Breztri I never had this before in my life....so we'll see what the Dermatologist has to say.

February 6
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, Curious to hear what a dermatologists says about this. I too have thin skin and get those blotches on my arms and feet. Had them before being treated for COPD but they seem worse now. Always thought it was aging because most elderly people you see have this problem.

February 6
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree it's no fun....My Dr has changed my copd inhaler to something without the steroid which is why I am having this side effect. We'll see how it works. Also I am starting CPAP in a few days which should help a lot.

March 26
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I get skin rips because I'm 78 my kin has thinned as I age I get blood spots on my skin because I have to take blood thinners! I'm sorry this is happening to you getting older is not fun! I hope you have a good day! ♥️🙏🏻03/26/2026

March 26

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
metro Atlanta GA