Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
metro Atlanta GA

I am prescribed Advair and Symbi-cort. The Advair is twice a day and Symbi-cort is once a day. What is the reccommended regimen to taking these drugs? Do I spread them out to 3 times a day - ie Advair morning and night with Symbi-cort at lunch? Can I take Advair and Symbi-cort together in the morning?? Just what are other members doing? Thanks.

June 22, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

What do you mean sprite? a drink for breathing? please explain??

June 25, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take spiriva every morning, after my Ventolin and steroid inhalers. Last me until next morning. Happy breathing. God bless. Sandy

June 27, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use sprite at night before I go to sleep , the idea is it open the lungs and let's you sleep better ,it works for me .You can take in morning whew you get up to give your lungs chance to breath .I have used it for many years .It helps. Good breathing

June 24, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I wish to apologize to the group regarding to my erroneous posting. The medications I am taking are Advair and Spiriva HandiHaler and NOT Symbi-cort as I originally posted. I must remember to stop my after midnight postings done in a hurry to get to bed!! Regardless, thanks for all the answers I did receive. Take care!

June 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use Advair and Spiriva. Advair 2 X a day, once in the morning and once at night, then Spiriva around noontime, once a day. When I have been in the hospital they always give me the Advair and Spiriva together inn the morning. I like to think the noontime dose gives me an extra boost midday but maybe it's just an extra medicine dose time ...

December 14, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Windsor, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In