I went to my pulmonologist for follow up check and he did an xray and said that there was no fluid, no pneumonia, but just some white spots on a lung. Never hear of that before. He said this was mucous. He told me to come back in 3 months. I am on the action plan prednisone and zithromycin. Strange that I really have no symptoms other than being very fatigued. My daughter, who is generally very mean to me, texted me and said, Are they going to test the white spots for cancer? I was devastated by… read more
Trust your doctor and follow his instructions. Tune out anything scary. When a doctor says to come back in 3 months, usually it's not something to be concerned about. (mine was calcifications. No big deal.)
I had a similar event, and it was found that I had pneumonia (also confirmation there was no cancer in the lungs). Anything could trigger those symptoms. Could simply be excessive mucous.
What do white spots on a lung X-ray mean, and should you trust your doctor's assessment?
White spots on a chest X-ray in people with COPD can have several explanations. Your pulmonologist identified them as mucous, which is actually quite common with COPD. Mucous buildup in the airways can appear as white areas on imaging Show Full Answer