Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ

I wonder if a doctor is really a doctor because when people go to him or her and say stuff like .I knee hurts when I walk or my harm hurts when I sit down on a couch for a long time and don't move .are you one of those people and does it really help in anyway or are you just a complainer ?.I do notice that when I go to the doctor for my copd that my wife does all the talking.

May 3
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members had a lighthearted conversation around the question of whether they speak up at doctor appointments, with many joking that their... Read more

Members had a lighthearted conversation around the question of whether they speak up at doctor appointments, with many joking that their spouses do all the talking. Several members shared that having a partner present is actually very helpful, especially when memory issues make it hard to recall symptoms or follow-up details. A recurring theme was the importance of self-advocacy, with members encouraging one another to switch doctors if they are not receiving proper care or responses.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I want my wife with me when I go to the doctor because my memory is lost in the dark ages. I have a serious case of CRS. (cant remember SXXX)

May 9
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yep, you guys are right!! The wife does all the talking and the husband does all the agreeing! That's how it's supposed to be anyway.

May 3
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Very true. I am guessing it works that way at your place @A MyCOPDTeam Member

May 3
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Wow thanks for that video on pursed lip breathing,!!! I got it now!!!!

May 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Is there any possibility that you could find a different pulmonologist? NO doctor should treat a patient as you have been treated, so it's time to move on to a different doc. Good luck and keep us posted @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Hugs, Chris

May 6

Related Questions

View All
MyCOPDTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In