If I set my g5 down too hard or bump it on something or accidently drop it the battery pops out and I have to open the bottom of the case to pop it back in.
The next time I'll try to just push the sides of the case in without opening the caswe and see if that will do it. This is not the Inogen case, it's one that lets me carry other things like a water bottle but not worth it if the battery pops out of it when it's bumped.
Answer Summary
Members commiserated over a frustrating issue with Inogen G5 portable oxygen concentrators where the battery disconnects when the unit is... Read more
Yes...I've had this happen a LOT. I have the strap on the carrying case so that it hangs pretty low when I'm wearing it; and often it has slipped when I'm getting out of the vehicle and hit the car frame and shut itself off. Fortunately, I haven't hit it or dropped it hard enough to damage it and it usually snaps right back into place. I do try to remain mindful of its presence, as I'm afraid that one day I'm going to bang it harder than I meant to and do it some permanent damage. Just be mindful of it, wear it in the case that it came with and sling it crossbody when you wear it and you won't be likely to drop it, although you may continue to bang it into things. Or, you could order the backpack carrier for it.
Both of the Inogen machines that I have used do this. Also, a lot of the times it shuts off I don’t realize it until symptoms arrive. I’ve learned to be more diligent in checking the machine. Also, now that I know this occurs I am better prepared for it. I just sit and try to relax and calm my breathing, do my rescue breathing and go about it in a measured way and that certainly helps. Also, I’ve shown my family and the friends that I usually am with, what happens and how to fix it.
Recently, we were in the middle of a heated game of Rumoli, when I couldn’t hear the machine, rather than me miss my play my friend just jumped down, banging the machine got it going again and all was good..😊. Another speed bump in the life of a stage four COPD.
I have the shoulder bag case and wear it crossbody.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member First off,yes this will happen if your treatment of it is less than kind, and yes one has to be careful with battery and case, both are rather expensive and the connection is rather delicate, so yes battery disconnect is rather a good idea. Advice is practice sliding the battery back together with the case. I make a effort not to bump it too hard but it does happen and I use the case that came with the machine. Seldom do I have to open the case.
I have had this happen to me several times although the battery does not pop off, it just gets disconnected. I just keep an eye on the display panel to see if it is getting power.
This honestly does not bother me at all. the freedom the unit gives me outweighs the few inconvenient occurrences