Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 1
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

take a look at "reconditioned" POC's. these are units that are rebuilt by the manufacturer and can have some real cost savings.
Using a tank to get around can be a real drag 😁 but I am thankful that the option is available for me.

March 6
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Again Michael,
I forgot about the extra expense buying the cannulas. I use a new one when they get stiff. (about a week) so being a "Medical Supply" item, I imagine they are expensive. I did compare the Inogen One G5 to the Rave 6, I see NO Appreciable difference or reason for the "New Model". I've compared priceing. $1995 base (sale) price for both. I would think if the "previous" model was 7 years old, it would be cheaper? (like cars) That would not include the lifetime warranty or the extended battery. Considering you have had yours replaced 3 times...I must conclude they are not made to last long, or you live in an Orangutan Cage. hahahaha. In either event, you have given me some very valuable insights to consider. Maybe sometime you will ask me about something I have experience in.
Thank you, Scott

March 8
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes @A MyCOPDTeam Member Mine is a Inogen One G5. Yes mine came with Lifetime warranty. It is expensive so they better back it up. I spent $4,000 because when I bought it I got the standard and extended battery, as well as the extra charger, both charging cables, 10 cannulas, and the carry bag.
If mine has a problem they replace it with a new unit usually the next morning by UPS. [no UPS deliveries on Sunday though.] Just swap out the units and the UPS driver takes the return back. I've had it replace 3 times.

Though I hear they have a new version, the Rove 6. And now have 2 kinds of warranties, 3 year or lifetime. [Get the lifetime!] If they run out of new G5's I will eventually get the Rove 6 as the replacement.

Keep in mind it is pulse dose. The settings 1-6 are just settings not liters like on your home concentrator or tanks. So since I am on 2L with my oxygen prescription, I have to set it on 3 to get 2l of oxygen per dose. But I still have room to increase.

I like it because it is the quietest unit out there. It does connect to an app on your phone, so you can also track breaths per minuet and see how much battery life or if the system has an issue. The unit also has audible alarm if it does not detect a breath or if it is putting out to low of oxygen. That comes in handy as I tend to hold my breath sometimes.
I'm not trying to be a salesman for them or to convince anyone to get it. This is just my choice and how and what I did.
Good luck with your shopping. Breathe Ez......

March 8
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank You Michael. Is that the Inogen One 5G? I did not know they came with a lifetime warranty. That is impressive. Can you offer any advise on the cost? I've read your entries on your Profile Page. You've been through hell, yet you quite evidently are a Survivor. Hang in there. Enjoy each day.

March 7
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Scott the only advice I will give is; make sure you can handle the pulse dose oxygen, and when you choose one get a large extra battery.

AI answered it very well. and there are s many different kinds that it all comes to personal choice.
- I looked at oxygen flow rate and if it had room to increase with the worsening of my condition.
- looked at weight
- checked to see if was FAA approved so I could fly. [need 2x battery life for the flight.]
- I also checked out and compared on consumer reports.
- Checked with the BBB to see about complaints.
- Made sure it had a warrantee or could be serviced.
Cost is high but what I spent on cigarets over the years it is worth the money for a quality product. I mean it is a life saving medical device, I am not going to be cheep on that.

What I chose is the Inogen 5. It covers all the bases with a lifetime warranty. They stand behind the product, and get a replacement 24. The one thing is it took me 2 months to get used to the pulse dose oxygen. But once you're used to it it is the best investment I made. I can go out 5-6 hours, I have even used it overnight when staying at a hotel on a road trip. Just some information and food for thought.

March 7 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St. Paul, MN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Saint Lucie, FL