I tried to join a trial but was turned down because of high blood pressure. And that was a stupid reason after all they do trials for people with high blood pressure as well. Now I have set up a plasma donor and I more than likely not qualify for that because my veins are to small. You try to do a good thing. But there is always a road block. If iam turned down again I will not sign up for anymore trials so has anyone else run into these problems curious to know from Rhonda kauffman
Good to know
I recommend everyone offer to do a clinical trial. It is how they test the new medications coming out for us. You never know it might be the luck drug to really improve our breathing.
I have applied for a few. I have been turned down twice. Once for having eye issues. and once because I was too severe. They like to make sure it will help and show improvement on people so they screen pretty hard.
Have you considered participating in a clinical trial for COPD?
Many people with COPD are exploring clinical trials as a way to access new treatments and contribute to research. There are currently more than 400 clinical trials recruiting participants with COPD, studying everything from new medications to exercise programs Show Full Answer