How does COPD relate to depression?
Living with COPD can significantly impact your mental health. People with COPD are more likely to experience depression than those without chronic conditions. This connection works both ways - depression can also affect how well you manage your COPD symptoms.
Several factors contribute Show Full Answer
Sending hugs back to you!
*Pat*
Patricia Bennett
5112 Roseberry Dr
Doylestown, Pa 18902
Cell: (Phone number can only be seen by the question and answer creators)
Email: (Email address can only be seen by the question and answer creators)
Hi Patricia, Yes I get depressed. With all chronic diseases depression will set in. It is something we need to be aware of. When you get depressed and down you take less care of yourself and get lazy, sit and lay around all day. You will progress faster.
Sometimes I vent. Sometimes I will talk with a close friend or even my sons about how I am struggling some times. They try to help keep me busy and mind off of it. Sometimes I meditate. Sometimes I will take a walk. I like to take a walk along the river by my childhood home along side the muddy Missouri. But you can not let depression stop you. We must keep moving. Some people get put on a low dose of antidepressants to help control it. Talk to your regular doctor about it, they can help. If you need someone to listen or you need to vent or cry, we all understand. Were all hear to share... Do you want to talk about it?