Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 29
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use Mullein drops daily. I simply use the dropper to put the drops under my tongue. The taste doesn't bother me, in fact I find the flavor rather pleasant. I haven't tried putting it in tea. I like my tea plain and black. I've been using it for a long time now, and I do believe that it helps to thin the mucus and makes it easier to cough up. I'm sorry that it isn't working out for you @A MyCOPDTeam Member

March 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have seen a lot of people on here, swear by it.

March 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the mullein tincture and the tea. It has cut the mucus production in more than half, and also has lessened my cough some. I prefer the tea one Orr two cups a day to control the phlegm. But if I am out of the tea, I take the tincture just a dropper full in my coffee or tea in the morning and it works just as good. It does the same thing that MucinexDM does for you, just cheeper.

Some people don't like the flavor but you can put honey or lemon with it and mellow it out. AI will not have an answer as it is a herbal remedy and not a medication.

*** As with all any any supplements, vitamins, or herbs you should always check with your doctor to make sure it does not have a reaction to any medications you are taking.

March 30
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I hated the taste...I couldn't drink it....

March 29
MyCOPDTeam

Are mullein drops helpful for COPD, or just marketing hype?

Unfortunately, the search results don't contain specific information about mullein drops or their effectiveness for COPD management. This means there isn't verified evidence available here to confirm whether they help with COPD symptoms.

When considering any Show Full Answer

Are mullein drops helpful for COPD, or just marketing hype?

Unfortunately, the search results don't contain specific information about mullein drops or their effectiveness for COPD management. This means there isn't verified evidence available here to confirm whether they help with COPD symptoms.

When considering any supplement or alternative treatment you see advertised on social media, it's important to:

- Talk with your healthcare provider before trying it, especially since supplements can interact with COPD medications
- Be cautious of products that make big promises without clinical evidence
- Remember that what works for one person may not work for another

Your best bet is to discuss mullein drops with your doctor or pulmonologist. They can advise whether it's safe to try alongside your current treatment plan and whether there's any research supporting its use for respiratory conditions.

In the meantime, proven approaches like proper inhaler technique, breathing exercises, and following your prescribed medication regimen remain the most reliable ways to manage COPD symptoms.

March 29

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Niagara Falls, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK