Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 30
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared overwhelmingly positive experiences with virtual pulmonary rehab programs like Carda Health, with many praising the... Read more

Members shared overwhelmingly positive experiences with virtual pulmonary rehab programs like Carda Health, with many praising the personalized one-on-one approach, remote monitoring, and significant improvements in exercise capacity and oxygen needs after the 12-week program. Several members offered alternative resources for those facing insurance barriers or preferring different formats, including free YouTube exercises from respiratory therapist Alex Grichuien, in-person hospital-based programs, and at-home routines that have helped them manage symptoms and improve lung function without formal rehab. A recurring theme was that consistent exercise, whether through structured programs or self-directed routines, combined with a positive mindset and proper breathing techniques, can make a meaningful difference in managing COPD at any stage.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Stay away from the advantage plans and stick to original Medicare with a separate supplement plan. Will cost you more monthly but pays to have if you see doctors often and are ever hospitalized or need surgery.

April 3
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello Alice I have not done Pulmonary rehab with Cardio Health But I do Pulmonary exercises 7 days a week Which I have learned from watching You Tube I have been doing this for several months now and it has helped me a great deal I have stage 3 Copd and am not on oxygen thank God I don’t cough or wheeze and no shortness of breath because of my strict adherence to my long term meds and exercise and I eat a lot of protein and I have accepted my prognosis no sense beating my self up over it This disease affects everyone differently I am stable right now hope I can remain like this for many more years Wishing you well Stay positive One day at a time

March 30
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, supplemental and advantage plans can actually deny you coverage that regular Medicare A and B would cover.

I have not had success with supplemental and advantage plans as I found their favorite words were “no” for actually providing useful services to me.

Not an insurance specialist nor a medical provider, but I fired my third and last extra insurance plan in 2017 and went with original medical (A&B) and added a drug benefit plan (plan D) and never looked back.

Please file an appeal with any extra insurance plan you have to get them to explain their reasoning.

I believe you only have until March 31st to terminate any extra insurance plans each year, so you may be stuck with your current coverage to December 31st, but if you decide to terminate the current provider and either choose another one or do without for 2027, you can opt out during Open Enrollment in the Fall.

Good luck ! It took me 4 years to get my ducks lined up to get into a pulmonary rehab course in person, but it was worth every minute of aggravation to finally get help learning how to exercise properly and safely.

Thursday night, 02-APR-26

April 2 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would add that you need a qualified instructor in case you get into difficulty xx

April 4
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you have a supplemental you really need to know which plan you are on. For example I am on plan G. Your supplement only goes by the plan you choose e.g. plan a, b , c etc. That is what decides whether you are eligibale for care.

April 3

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Doylestown, PA