Hi LisaVoeks, Welcome to the group. Yes there are lots of chair exercises you can do. In fact exercise is what helps your muscles and lungs do their job. It will be easiest to just recommend looking up chair exercise on YouTube. There are so many to choose from. Including the breathing exercise mentioned by AI. [above]
Sorry I haven't answered you before now, but your best bet is to contact your doctor about that. That seems awfully high to me, but I'm not a doctor. The highest mine has ever gotten is 110 @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I think the sooner the better for you to call the doc. Let us know what you find out please. Chris
I meant to say I was wondering
Are there breathing exercises you can do while sitting to help with COPD breathlessness?
Yes, there are several breathing techniques you can practice while sitting that may help ease your breathing:
Pursed Lip Breathing
This technique helps release trapped air in your lungs and can reduce breathlessness. Breathe in Show Full Answer
I wasn’t not wondering if anybody has the same symptoms as I do with COPD when I get up to walk around my heart rate jumps up to the 150s last week. It stayed at 150 my resting heart rate. Does anybody else have that problem when they get up and walk around it causes me not to be able to breathe.