Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

I know a lot of others here have air purifiers. I’m looking into getting one just wanted to know what others have found works best?

April 11
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their favorite air purifier brands for managing breathing issues and allergies, with Winix emerging as the most popular choice... Read more

Members shared their favorite air purifier brands for managing breathing issues and allergies, with Winix emerging as the most popular choice due to its effectiveness with pet dander, odors, and smoke, though several members also recommended Levoit for quiet operation and smart features, and others mentioned MammothLighting, Blueair, and TemaAire as solid alternatives. Several members offered practical advice about filter maintenance, noting that Winix filters typically need changing once a year at around $79, some models now include washable pre-filters to reduce costs, and buying extra filters upfront or directly from the company website can save money and hassle. A recurring theme was that any air purifier is better than none, with members reporting noticeable improvements in air quality, reduced dust, and easier breathing, especially for those with COPD, allergies, or pets.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I ordered my purifier I got the winix and I also ordered an extra set of filters so I’ll b ready when I need them. I will tell u how it goes when I get it and start using it.

April 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We have a Blueair from Amazon ,we need filters from Amazon every 6 months ,My pulmonologist prescribed it so I could use it as a tax write off .Works very well and is quiet .

April 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Glad you're having a good day, Dawn.

April 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the different perspectives. I think I’m going to order a Winix large one. I don’t think I need a dehumidifier cuz we have the central AC for the humidity. But we may need a humidifier in winter when we run the heat which isn’t usually to long here. Have a great day. I’m finally sitting outside today for a few hours this morning. Temperature is perfect. I’m doing good today. Hope everyone is breathing good sending my love ❤️

April 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the MammothLighting. I don't know if it is the best. It was a gift from my son and does make a big difference in the house. In fact I have less dust so less dusting needed. But don't for get about dehumidifier also.
Good luck and let us know what you wind up getting. I am sure anything is much better than nothing.

April 12

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Collingwood, ON