What minimally invasive procedures are available for COPD?
There are several minimally invasive surgical options that may help with severe COPD symptoms when other treatments haven't worked well enough. These procedures can improve breathing and quality of life, though they don't cure COPD.
Endobronchial Valve Therapy Show Full Answer
@A MyCOPDTeam Member
Hello Nancy. Yes I am sceeening now for a clinical trial called TLD Targeted Lung Dernevation it’s an out patient procedure it’s in the 4 phase. The first 3 phases showed promise. I go to Mayo in Jacksonville. I live about a hour from there. It’s a great hospital I love it. Ask A.I on here and c what it says about this trial. Go to the Q &A at the top and put in this trial name I did. The zephyr valves didnt qualify for. If u go to Mayo clinic web page and search clinical trials for COPD they list all the criteria to qualify for each on. I tried for the Breathe 3 also but that has very strict criteria. I’m a member of the zephyr valve group in Jacksonville. There r good and bad stories. Do u research please. I already signed consent for the TLD trial and should get it by end of June. I go June 12 for my PFT. I have no other medical issues except COPD but that bad enough. I will still b on O2 but hopefully it will help with my shortness of breath They also pay u for procedure and travel. Contact them and make an appointment. They do video visits also. Dr Soto Soto is my doctor for my trial. Let me know if u have more questions here’s my email (Email address can only be seen by the question and answer creators) if u want to talk privately.
Hope this helped u
Dawn
Removal of damaged tissue. I suggest researching.
Thank You NancyLange for the info! I personally don’t qualify for any of them but I think for the people they do it is Great!
I have had the Zephyr valves wich I believe helped a lot.🙂