I have also had several procedures of that type done also and it's a piece of cake. No need to worry about this one as it is so simple and painless. They can learn many things from this.
I have had a few times. I'm sure the doctor told you why he wants to do the procedure. And told you about the procedure. It is very common to get samples from inside the lungs. What scares you?
It is very safe and simple procedure. It is done out patient and only takes a few hours. The put you to sleep, you feel nothing and breathe better after for a a day or two. Results of samples in a couple days.
Hi. I have had a bronchcoscopy, they did mine to find out the exact type of bacteria when diagnosed with MAC, then they were able to prescribe the appropriate treatment. I was sedated , but very nervous, for me it was necessary . I prayed a lot !
What information would be helpful about having a bronchoscopy for COPD?
It's completely understandable to feel nervous about a bronchoscopy. This procedure is sometimes used as part of certain COPD treatments, particularly for advanced cases.
A bronchoscopy involves passing a thin tube (bronchoscope) through your airways Show Full Answer
Thank you so much!