Answer Summary
Members responded to a question about taste or smell issues from albuterol use by focusing on the importance of rinsing after inhaler use to... Read more
CarlL. Yes because thrush seems like it should be the last thing anyone would want to get.you can actually rinse swoosh around and swallow. You won’t get it that way.
I dnt rinse w/my Albuterol inhaler Tony but was doing it whn I used Combivent Inhaler. New Pulmo said 2 only use Albuterol Inhaler as needed. I do nuebilzer once a day in the evening b4 hubs gets off wrk.
Important to remember to rinse good after your inhalers and spit it out. Entirely likely that you will get thrush if you don’t ,and that’s no fun!🤗
Yes you should rinse as soon as possible
That's a great question! Decreased taste or smell isn't commonly listed as a side effect of albuterol specifically, but steroid-based inhalers (like Symbicort or Advair) are known to cause mouth and throat issues, including a hoarse voice and oral infections, which can affect how things taste.
Rinsing and gargling with Show Full Answer