Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA
May 2
 · 
Be the first to react
MyCOPDTeam

Tezspire (tezepelumab) isn't something that currently appears in available COPD treatment information, so it's hard to speak to experiences with it specifically for COPD management.

You may be thinking of Nucala (mepolizumab), which is a similar biologic injection that was recently FDA-approved for COPD. It targets a Show Full Answer

Tezspire (tezepelumab) isn't something that currently appears in available COPD treatment information, so it's hard to speak to experiences with it specifically for COPD management.

You may be thinking of Nucala (mepolizumab), which is a similar biologic injection that was recently FDA-approved for COPD. It targets a specific type of inflammation in people with high eosinophil counts.

Here's what's known about Nucala for COPD:

- It's given as a once-monthly injection
- In clinical trials, it reduced moderate and severe flare-ups by about 21% compared to placebo
- It may mean fewer hospital visits for those who qualify
- It's typically considered for people who still have frequent flare-ups despite using triple inhaler therapy

The best step would be to speak with your doctor about whether a biologic like Nucala might be appropriate for your situation, including whether eosinophil testing makes sense for you.

May 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi sppisces,
My pulmonalogist put me on it at the end of February because I was having alot of lung infections and it whacked me out for a few days with terrible body and back pain and then I ballooned up around my belly to where my PCP thought I had a blockage and sent me to the emergency room . They ran blood work and cat scan and found nothing so they did not keep me.
The next month on follow up I told my pulmonalogist about it and he took me off of it( to which I was going to do if he did not)
Good luck and do not mean to keep you from using something that may be benitficial to you but just being truthful how I reacted to it.
All the best
Rod

May 4
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No, it's Tezspire. My pulmonologist wants me to have it because of my many flare ups going to emergency room. I did Google it and it says for asthma not yet for COPD which is why I'm asking. I already take Repatha shot and Wegovy shot

May 2

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
ashboro nc