Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
ashboro nc
May 7
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take Dupuxient shot every 2 weeks $3000 a shot The company has been giving to me free for 2 years now It has helped

May 7
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am currently doing Dupixent shots. My exacerbations have gone down and it seems to be improving my exercise workout stamina. I do both breathing resistance exercises and treadmill. Not sure that it has improved my breathing yet as I am still early in the game. The pulmonologist seems to think it will improve over next few months. I have had no side effects so far. Thank God.

May 7
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I currently take Dupixent now. I believe that it has made things much easier for me.

May 7
MyCOPDTeam

Great question! Dupixent (dupilumab) is indeed an option for some people with COPD — but not everyone. It's approved as an add-on treatment for a specific type of COPD called the eosinophilic phenotype, which involves a particular kind of inflammation in the airways.

Here's what to know about it:

- It works by reducing Show Full Answer

Great question! Dupixent (dupilumab) is indeed an option for some people with COPD — but not everyone. It's approved as an add-on treatment for a specific type of COPD called the eosinophilic phenotype, which involves a particular kind of inflammation in the airways.

Here's what to know about it:

- It works by reducing inflammation in the lungs
- It's used *alongside* existing COPD treatments, not as a replacement
- It's not suitable for all COPD patients — only those with the eosinophilic type

It's worth having a conversation with your doctor or pulmonologist to find out if this phenotype applies to you, and whether Dupixent could be a good fit for your treatment plan. As always, any new treatment comes with potential risks and benefits that your healthcare provider can walk you through in detail. They can run tests to determine if Dupixent is appropriate for your specific situation.

May 7
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take 2 injections a month. Previously given for bad skin rash

May 8

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭