Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I'm using anti itch cream, it works for awhile. Anti histamine, the same.

June 11
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected over the surprising link between COPD and itchy skin, sharing that it can affect the scalp, arms, underarms, neck, and back.... Read more

Members connected over the surprising link between COPD and itchy skin, sharing that it can affect the scalp, arms, underarms, neck, and back. Several members shared helpful tips including switching to fragrance-free soaps like Pears or Aquaphor Gentle Wash, using Aveeno eczema cream, washing in cool water, and applying anti-itch cream generously throughout the day. A recurring theme was the importance of checking with an allergist or doctor, and one member reminded others that certain blood pressure medications can also cause itching as a side effect.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Let's hope we can find SOMETHING that works for us @A MyCOPDTeam Member! Good luck to you! Hugs, Chris 6/20/26

June 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member my allergist recommended I use Aquaphor Gentle Wash and Shampoo on my itchy scalp. I haven't used any yet because I am not one to throw out something until it's gone and I still have shampoo to use up. My arms are just all purple and my head itches like crazy. She also told me to wash in cool--not hot-- water. Don't use anything scented and I could go on and on, but maybe something in what I said will help you. Drives me crazy with the itching sometimes. Good luck. Hugs, Chris 6/19/26

June 19 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I too have had itchy skin more than I used too. Anti-itch lotion helps. I especially have an itchy scalp, thought at first it was dandruff. But after seeing an article on itchy skin with COPD it is from that - was using dandruff shampoo & was still itchy. So now I look for dry scalp products.

June 19
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks, I've been using Amazon basics soap. Maybe it doesn't moisturize enough.

June 11
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Chrisp---Thanks--I wrote that down. I am like you as far as not throwing out products--I have tried several different kinds.

June 19

Related Questions

View All