I'm using anti itch cream, it works for awhile. Anti histamine, the same.
Answer Summary
Members connected over the surprising link between COPD and itchy skin, sharing that it can affect the scalp, arms, underarms, neck, and back.... Read more
Let's hope we can find SOMETHING that works for us @A MyCOPDTeam Member! Good luck to you! Hugs, Chris 6/20/26
@A MyCOPDTeam Member my allergist recommended I use Aquaphor Gentle Wash and Shampoo on my itchy scalp. I haven't used any yet because I am not one to throw out something until it's gone and I still have shampoo to use up. My arms are just all purple and my head itches like crazy. She also told me to wash in cool--not hot-- water. Don't use anything scented and I could go on and on, but maybe something in what I said will help you. Drives me crazy with the itching sometimes. Good luck. Hugs, Chris 6/19/26
I too have had itchy skin more than I used too. Anti-itch lotion helps. I especially have an itchy scalp, thought at first it was dandruff. But after seeing an article on itchy skin with COPD it is from that - was using dandruff shampoo & was still itchy. So now I look for dry scalp products.
Thanks, I've been using Amazon basics soap. Maybe it doesn't moisturize enough.
Chrisp---Thanks--I wrote that down. I am like you as far as not throwing out products--I have tried several different kinds.