Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jamaica, NY
June 23
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members with COPD and breathing challenges shared helpful tips on using ceiling fans and air purifiers to improve airflow and air quality at... Read more

Members with COPD and breathing challenges shared helpful tips on using ceiling fans and air purifiers to improve airflow and air quality at home. Several members recommended the Winix plasmawave air purifier, praising its color-coded air quality indicator, quiet operation, and multiple speed settings, with some running theirs all night. A recurring theme was combining ceiling fans with open windows, raised pillows, and air purifiers to keep air circulating, especially during sleep.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the AC and ceiling fan also. I need air coming at my face.

June 24
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the ceiling fan and crack the window if it isn't hot outside. I also raise my pillows and use the air purifier on a setting of 3. I don't know how much of that helps, but I can tell if the air is not circulating. My nose stops up.

June 23
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes Christine I have used a ceiling fan for quite sometime I find that it helps. I also have my window open to let in fresh air if I sleep in a closed bedroom I find that my breathing is much worse this may not work for everyone but it works for me try opening your window not all the way it takes just a little crack for fresh air to enter when you sleep in a closed bedroom you are breathing in toxins it's not only helps with COPD but clears the room so your not breathing in all those toxins trust me your lungs will thank you

June 23
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a Winix 545 w/Plasma setting. Later I bought Shark, then later, I bought a Blueair. All three are running in my 900 Sq. ft apartment. End of 2024 and first 3 months of 2025, I had to go to EMERGENCY every week. So, I'm desperate. I've gotten more useful info from the internet and from my Walmart greeter than from all the Pulmonary Dr. here. Sad!!!

June 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks @A MyCOPDTeam Member I don't have any allergies. I do have 2 humidifiers from cvs pharmacy that I use . 1 in my bedroom when I am sleeping and the other in my family room. Just don't know if they are helping or doing anything and am trying to figure out if it does .just don't know how to find out where to look for something like that. Maybe I should ask that question here and see what others say . Thanks for your help

June 27

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calgary, AB