Thanks @Michaelsurjav I did contact my pharmacist and got my action plan antibiotics and prednisone.
Third time this year. It is what it is we carry-on ๐ค๐
July 11
Waking up with a cough is definitely something many people with COPD experience, and it's understandable to be concerned about changes in what comes up when you cough.
At stage 4 (end-stage) COPD, the lungs are under significant stress, and coughing is very common. Typically, coughing with emphysema is associated with Show Full Answer
Waking up with a cough is definitely something many people with COPD experience, and it's understandable to be concerned about changes in what comes up when you cough.
At stage 4 (end-stage) COPD, the lungs are under significant stress, and coughing is very common. Typically, coughing with emphysema is associated with excess mucus production. Foamy or frothy sputum, however, is not a standard symptom described for emphysema specifically, and it's worth paying attention to. Given that you are at stage 4, it's really important to contact your doctor about this change as soon as possible. At this stage, the following symptoms should always be reported promptly:
- Any new or worsening symptoms
- Severe shortness of breath that limits basic activities
- Lips or fingernails turning blue or gray
- Feeling less mentally alert than usual
- Frequent lung infections
Changes in the type or appearance of what you cough up can be a sign that something needs attention. Please don't wait on this one โ reach out to your healthcare provider right away to get it checked out. ๐
July 10
Hi
If itโs white foam thatโs ok try sipping water xx
July 12
White and foamy phlegm means your body is fighting something. It could be allergies, a slight infection or some other irritation in your lungs. I have had it a few times but usually only once or twice and it clears up.
If it gets to be a lot, or changes color contact your pulmonologist right away.
July 11
I wake up to a dry cough some days and then I have days when I do have mucus, but never foamy. My Doctor has me on Mucus Nex 2 time a day
I would talk to your Doctor about it
Good luck and God Bless you ๐๐๐
July 10