Always try to think Positive for they just might come up with some cures for this disease, and there are already some out there now. Fight back and breathe.
Hi Melissa COPD is scary but it shouldn't be your main concern if you let it consume you especially worrying about your breathing on wither you are going to suffocate then you are losing a battle you need to focus on improving your breathing there is lots of good advice out there that can help you overcome this fear talk to your Dr let them know what you are feeling they can give you good advice so you don't worry so much fear is natural no matter what the situation is but like everything you experience in life you deal with it and concur it and once you do life will only get better when I lost my sister I was visiting in another state I knew she had passed before anything's was said I experienced the worst fear ever and I couldn't except the fact that she was gone. That fear stayed with me for years and it almost cost me my life so I met it head on and concured it it was hard but I made it now I have COPD at the age of 73 and Iam not afraid just frustrated and you shouldn't be afraid either
I wish you luck and happiness
That fear is completely understandable, and so many people with COPD share it. It's totally valid to feel scared — and it's also worth knowing that this fear itself can actually make breathing feel harder. One MyCOPDTeam member shared that once they consciously let go of that fear, they could better focus on managing their Show Full Answer