Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Detroit, MI
July 20
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My pulmonary re-hab was twice a week for an hour each time, the techs show you how to use exercise equipment, breathing exercising, a 6 Minute walking test, weight lifting, and just teaching basic knowledge of this disease, I went twice, for a total of 72 sessions, and it helps. Good luck to you.

August 9
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It's a great place to go to learn about different things that can benefit you to some it's hard to get into due to insurance think of it as a week's vacation paid

July 21
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Faith Larkins, I have a pulmonary rehab therapist that comes to my home, twice a week. Does exercises to try to improve my ability to do more. Walking 3 minutes is a challenge for me now. I have stage 4 COPD, but determined to stay as active as I can. Must have the "use it or lose it" attitude. Also "smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you will cry alone".
Stay positive, do what you can while you can.🤗🥰

July 21
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was doing preliminary rehab it was great. My copays were almost 200 a month. I was on oxygen and I was there for about 45 minutes two times a week I was doing cardio and weights. Now I'm going to be joining a gym there won't be any oxygen there but I'll just take things a little slower. Wish me luck

July 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My pulmonary rehab was less intensive and done in my home in Canada for 8 weeks they did the same things basically taught me chair exercises breathing exercises got me a wheelchair for outings. They left me with handouts of the information they have taught me.
I would Google pulmonary rehab in your area or the American Lung Association. The biggest takeaway is breathing in for a count of three and breathing out for a count of six with pursed lips like blowing out a candle 🕯 I use this constantly during the day - if I'm short of breath or exercising( I turn up my oxygen for exertion as well)
Using the pursed lip breathing is key but can be a count of four and eight or six and 12 so long as you breathe out twice as long as you breathe in

August 9

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Livonia, MI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In