Hello Dennis, Welcome to the group. An interesting question. But the best and quietest and not necessarily going to go hand in hand. Let's face it all the concentrators are loud and noisy. The POC [Portable oxygen concentrator] because it is right there on you. To most people they sound like a refrigerator running. So their mid will dismiss most the noise. I think it is more important to look at the output and efficiency of the units. Along with the ability it increase dosage as our condition worsens.
It is hard to test each of the units and know what is best. But from my research [6 years ago] I chose the Inogen G5 because of the quality, readability, quietness, life of battery, ability to increase dosage, and the lifetime warrantee. I was @ 2l oxygen then, now on 3l. It is hard or was hard for me to get used to the pulse dose form the POC but learned to just breathe and trust the machines dosage.
For me it was the best decision I cold make. It gives 4 hours out away from home and freedom to do things without worrying about running out of oxygen.
Hope that helps you some, I am sure others will have some things to say about the other machines. Have a breathe Ez day........
I'm interested in specifics not just the names of manufacturers. Are all three mentioned of equal quality? What are the pros and cons of each?
Finding the "best" portable oxygen concentrator (POC) really depends on individual needs, lifestyle, and what a doctor prescribes. That said, there are some well-regarded options worth discussing with a pulmonologist.
One model that comes up often among MyCOPDTeam members is the Inogen One G5, praised for its portability Show Full Answer