Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dorchester, UK
August 20
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I sound like a bull frog all the time. I do more than adequate rinsing after using my inhalers and nebulizer but still have the problem. I'm sure that it is Breztri that is causing the problem as it has a steriod, plus I take low dose steriods every day. I actually lose my voice sometimes. Good luck @A MyCOPDTeam Member 8/20/26

August 20
MyCOPDTeam

A hoarse voice is actually a well-known side effect of steroid (corticosteroid) inhalers, and many people with COPD experience this. So you're definitely not alone!

The good news is there's a simple step that can really help prevent it:

- After using your steroid inhaler, rinse and gargle with water
- Make sure to spit Show Full Answer

A hoarse voice is actually a well-known side effect of steroid (corticosteroid) inhalers, and many people with COPD experience this. So you're definitely not alone!

The good news is there's a simple step that can really help prevent it:

- After using your steroid inhaler, rinse and gargle with water
- Make sure to spit the water out rather than swallow it
- If your inhaler uses a mask, wash the area around your mouth too

This small habit can make a big difference in reducing that hoarseness. It's always worth mentioning any side effects like this to your doctor. They may be able to adjust your inhaler type or dosage, or suggest other ways to manage it. Don't just put up with it — there may be an easy fix!

August 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes that is so true I sound like I swallowed an air horn in the morning

August 21

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Londonderry, OH