Ive been experiencing a very bad flare for close to two months ,i think im slowly getting better but still couphing up lots and shortness of breath especially bad at night in bed, so not sleeping much either. I looked up postural drainage and my wife has started doing it with me for a couple of days. Too soon to say but we felt we had to try something different. I think I feel a bit better afterwards and couph up a bit. Interested in other peoples experiences with postural drainage.
Has anyone tried postural drainage to help clear excess mucus with COPD, and how effective was it?
It's great that you and your wife are being proactive! Postural drainage β where you position your body so gravity helps mucus drain from your lungs β is a recognized technique for helping clear mucus in COPD. It's often Show Full Answer
Yes we are doing it with chest percussion to. Usually takes 6 to 8 weeks to see my doctor ever here. have got appointment booked for end of september.