Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newburgh, NY
September 4
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Interesting that one side effect to Breztri ,can be respiratory tract infections. The very thing g we are trying to avoid. I had my yearly pulmonary appointment yesterday. She didn’t offer it to me, but I was ready to tell her no I didn’t want to try it. I know a lot of people that it helps ,but a lot of people have different side effects with it too. You won’t know until you try it how you’ll do on it

September 4
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I tried it for a little while, to have a cheeper medication than the one I was using. I breathed well with it and worked great. But it would increases my heart rate and raised my BP too high so had to switch back to Trelegy. We each react differently to medications. Talk with your pulmonologist there are other medications if your having side effects.

September 6
MyCOPDTeam

Breztri (budesonide/glycopyrrolate/formoterol fumarate) is a combination inhaler used as a maintenance treatment for COPD. It combines three types of medication into one inhaler — an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS), a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA), and a long-acting beta-agonist (LABA).

Because it contains multiple Show Full Answer

Breztri (budesonide/glycopyrrolate/formoterol fumarate) is a combination inhaler used as a maintenance treatment for COPD. It combines three types of medication into one inhaler — an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS), a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA), and a long-acting beta-agonist (LABA).

Because it contains multiple medication types, there are several potential side effects to be aware of, including:

- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Pneumonia
- Thrush (a fungal infection in the mouth — rinsing your mouth after each use can help prevent this)
- Increased heart rate
- High blood pressure
- Headache
- Back pain
- Urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Dizziness

It's worth noting that Breztri is a maintenance inhaler, meaning it works over time to prevent symptoms — it is not a rescue inhaler and won't provide quick relief during a sudden flare-up.

As always, it's a great idea to talk with your doctor if you're experiencing any side effects, as they may be able to adjust your treatment plan. Many MyCOPDTeam members have shared their experiences with different inhalers — it might be worth posting your question to the community to hear firsthand accounts!

September 4
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That’s good. Just be aware that side effects can happen later on. I really hope it works for you. For the people that it works for, it’s such a big help.

September 5
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Victoria I have been taking it for a month now so far I have been good

September 4

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berwick, ME