Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Given steroids and sent home. I’m also on amiodarone for heart. Could it be the amiodarone?

September 5
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you so much for the reassurance, much appreciated.

September 7
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Flare ups are different for each of us and our type of COPD. For me yes my mucus production picks up. I get prescribed a rescue pack, of antibiotics and prednisone and usually get over it in a week or so.
I am not a doctor but I dough that the heart rhythm medication would cause that. Although I want you to know that the prednisone it will increase your heart rate for a little while after taking it. You will be ok I take heart medications too. But don't be surprised if you see a little spike in your BP or heart rate.
Welcome to the group. Breathe Ez........

September 6 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Duluth, GA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chatham, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA