Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Midlothian, IL

I am on symbricort... Am I suppose to take it every day or just when I am having difficulty breathing?

December 13, 2014
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

YES YOU ARE RIGHT

February 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Not sure what 'strength' u take, but mine is that 16.4, my pulmonary doctor tells me to take 2 puffs, 2xa day, so I take two puffs in am, take 2 puffs before going to bed. I don't know if you know you can get thrush using smybicort, so make sure you rinse your mouth each time well! The nebulizer I know I am SUPPOSED to use 4x a day, but I have found it is good when I build up any mucus, as many times as needed, it does break up the mucus and keeps the wheezing away, sometimes you have to use your own judgement as to what makes you feel better, it is okay you have the meds, but just like the nebulizer, I know when it is necessary for me to keep going. Don't EVER quit any meds until you ck with your doctor. I also use daliresp, it let me lose 20 lbs, which is also a benefit with COPD! But, sadly, it quit there, but I use it once a day, usually early evening, THEN, (lol) if I am still having a bad time breathing, I use the spireva in between the other times if I feel I need it! (once a day) I also have sleep apena, but only use machine in evening/w oxygen for easier breathing, no meds. Have high cholestrol, so that is a given everyday, vitamin D because I had none in my system! lol Famanotine? for heart burn, norvasc for Heart, had a heart attack about 25 yrs ago that caused me to have a heart attack frm hitting steering wheel so hard, no problem since then, it also helps keep my blood pressure in ck. Zoloft for even keel on everything! Zetia is an added part if my cholosterol, sorry things not spelled right, but I'm sure you can at least figure out what I'm saying! lol Now, after all that, I am still alive, still kicking, saying my prayers, wishing the best to everyone w/hugs for better, healthier days! Where do we get time for work? lol I did this to myself, so have to keep myself well a/w/a/p (as well as possible) and positive, and my faith! Smoking to long, but quit about 5 yrs ago, BUT, after telling, doc sez electronic is still better than a cig, so not advocating anyone else use it, but trying to be honest! Details, details! lol Hope everyone has a better day and lots of hugs!

July 3, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Ask your doctor. It is important to use thew maintenance meds just as directed.

February 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I believe U need to take it twice a day every day that is how I take it

January 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member oh i do take symbicort everyday, have done for many years, was just stating that i take ventolin as a rescue puffer if needed and that my lung dr also told me to use symbicort thru day as well especially if i was heading out for a walk take around20 minutes before hand. thank you for your response :)

January 4, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bridgton, ME