Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 30, 2014
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The mucus is in your airway not your lungs because I have alot of mucus and I find orange juice is good for that, also orange is good for your breathing too, helps you breath better so does tea for both.

January 14, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member..thank you, thank you!! Just cause we're sick doesnt mean we cant have alittle humor, keeps the depression at bay. Always try to find some upbeat way to keep from being depressed. I've always tried to be the life of the party, sometimes it works and sometimes not. Guess it depends on whose at the party!! Its funny cause when I was younger you couldnt get me to go to the doctor, hardly ever got sick or a cold, maybe head cold, but now that im old I see my doctors more than my kids, dont figure!!!

January 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Reason I know the mucus is in the airway, recently to lung dr and my lungs were clear and he told me the mucus was in my air way, and I have a great doctor..he's handsome too, what a hunk!!!!!

January 21, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have an upper and lower and I also have empsema, and you will probably always have the mucus because your lungs are damaged from copd and they cant help you cough up the mucus. But you haveto try and cough up as much as you can, that clears the air way some what. But we all build it up because our lungs are too elastazized to help bring it up, so you have to find other ways to help you bring it up. Hope this helped.

January 21, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I do keep my top out at home and in the car.

January 12, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Auburn, ME