Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have been yawning alot especially at night (difficulty in sleeping, as I find it more difficult to breath).. The yawning seems to help. Does anyone else have this problem.

October 5, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't know that it's considered a symptom, but I do know that many people with COPD talk about yawning and that being part of feeling sob, so you're not alone! You might ask your doc, the nurse or RT what they know about yawning and COPD.

October 6, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Tight chest? Consult your family
physician or pulmonologist.

October 8, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I read somewhere that yawning is your lungs way of expelling carbon from your body.

March 21, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As for the question the one thing I can say positive is that they did a test at home to test my breathing at nigh and for some reason mine went down a lot at night! I am on oxygen at night now and I sleep really well and sometimes I sleep to 10
am which is totally unheard of! I have “long COVID” and the symptoms are horrible but I have emphysema and COPD also. I hope I have helped. I am not on oxygen during the day!
Good luck!!

October 9, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you are having trouble getting air INTO your lungs it could be due to ‘air trapping’, so you should ask your doctor or pulmonologist how to handle that. COPD causes difficulty breathing OUT (asthma difficulty is breathing IN).

“Air trapping” is the inability to fully exhale. You can read about it here:

No room to breathe: the importance of lung hyperinflation in ...https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › articles › PMC(Phone number can only be seen by the question and answer creators)

October 8, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ocala, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Louisville, KY