Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

every day all winter especially I find I get plugged up the the sneezes followed by a lot of dripping

April 15, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I have sinus problems as well. When I first started seeing the lung Dr. I asked about that. So he did a allergy test and sinus scan. I have sinusitis. The steroid inhaler made it so much worse. But now I'm off and I'm doing the nettie sinus rinse everynite and have salt lamps all over. So much better. By the way, my allergy test came back saying I was in normal range of everything. I've had sinus problems way before I ever had copd.

April 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the saltwater spray p, too. The nettiepot darn near takes my head off. It feels like I did not tuck my head when I dove into the pool. Hurts!

March 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just got a salt water spray works fair

March 11, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you everyone, my primary care giver don't seem to help much I got the nettie pot look alike from Costco and never does the complete job but helps some thing else I got is a sea water spray from my drugstore

March 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Allergies and sinus problems are definitely a problem. Especially since beginning Oxygen use. I have a netty pot that I use, but also use Veramyst and have found out of 5 different nasal steroids it is the easiest and fastest acting to help me when all else fails. But try the Nettie Pot first...definitely worth the investment. I take Zyrtec for allergies. But please check with your doc as most allergy remedies can have adverse actions with other meds, especially for those with heart problems, ie Hypertension.

April 16, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Windsor, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cottonwood Heights, UT