Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Turrell, AR

I often get headaches since having copd also have developed a weak spot in my heart valve that Dr. Says is related to the copd. Anyone have any input on either of these?

April 17, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get headaches, don't know why. Heart valve is allowing the blood to back flow. Then pulmonary hypertension. Doc says its a result of COPD, so have meds to control the pressure, it really helps. I don't think they will do anything about it until it really gets bad. COPD causes other stuff to happen, one never knows what will hit.

April 17, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've been having headaches everyday lately. I'm on oxygen 24/7, also feet & legs swell up so bad & they ache. Have always had insomnia and don't sleep but lately I'm nodding off all the time. I'm going for a chest xray & sonogram Weds. Then see the Cardiologist.

September 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member tell you doc, swelling is not good. I have shoes with Velcro so I can tighten or loosen depending on the food size. It really helps.

April 22, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

High CO2 levels will give you headaches. Use your breathing techniques to get rid of the trapped CO2 and I usually get relief. I usually awaken in the early morning hours with a headache due to turning on my side during sleep (which at a 45 degree angle is not very good). Once I change positions and do some deep breathing, it will ease off.

April 18, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Metoprolol really works don't feel the pain of heart going into overdrive. Works well freak feel the difference.

April 18, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Church Hill, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Terre Haute, IN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Castle, PA