Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orlando, FL

My doctor wants me to go through this clinical trial, which what he explains to me is that kinda like having stent's put in, but instead they're be put in thr lungs to clear out the airways.
As anyone gone through this procedure?

April 20, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't know anyone that has had it done Why don't you look at Dr Housecalls WebMD google the procedure

April 20, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

why cant they just spray something in your lungs to disolve the tar.. and then vacuum it out. is that impossible

April 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

one study is called the Liberate Study, you can go to clinicaltrials.gov The one I am in is in Pittsburgh, There is another similar study in Tampa. Stem cells are in Tampa. These study are at other locations also but I only know of these locations. Try the website or talk to you pulmonologist. That how I started investigating it. I was too late for the coil study, so now going through the Liberate Study the valves. Good luck!!

April 23, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have just received the info also for the stents and am going discuss with the transplant team when I go down in May. The coils are not effective for Alpha 1 patients as we have lower lobe lung disease : ( . Keep us updated, I would be very interested in our results. Thanks for sharing.

April 22, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

good luck

April 21, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clarkston, WA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In