Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sheboygan, WI

I've tried pursed lip breathing while running, I almost pass out.Doesn't help a lick.

August 28, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think if you can run, you don't need purse lip breathing. It's for people with COPD who get short of breath while just walking and couldn't run if their life depended on it!

August 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good grief if you can run you probably don't have very serious COPD....I struggle with walking....turtle speed is my fast forward. :)+

September 3, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I purse lip breath I draw 3 quick breaths through nose then exhale in 4 quick breaths. Works much better than just inhale exhale. Also, I would think if you are running when you need to do this you should stop and keep track of OX levels at rest for a few days at least. Good job on the running though!

June 24, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Took me two years to get to this point. I didn't think I could run either. I started just walking.

September 3, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I can run fine without pursed lip breathing.

August 28, 2015

Related Questions

View All