That is a great question. I don't really know why but even for me when doing PLB properly, I can only do three PLB breaths. Then I have to take one what I call "relaxing breath." It is just a step in my breathing technic now.
I take a tripod position. [lean on a counter both hands and feet together.]
Inhale through the nose 4 second, hold 4 seconds.
Exhale with pursed lips for 8 seconds. [forcefully enough to blow a Kleenex at the end of your arm.]
After the third one I need to take a deep relaxing breath through my mouth. Hold for 4 and exhale.
Repeat if needed... Usually two or three times.
I can bring my O2 level from 82% to into the 90's in under 3 minuets with this method.
Very informative message @A MyCOPDTeam Member!
Try to increase your activity, slowly build a routine that will strengthen your muscles. The biggest and most important are your thighs so squats are superb. Weak muscles need far more oxygen to perform to the same level. Stronger muscles mean more oxygen goes where you need it.
Hi All,
Why in first place you doing pursed lip breathing??Is it because you doing something rather rapidly.Just slow down first,relax and let your breathing calm down.Sit down if you can.Change your breathing from mouth to nose breathing all the time but that takes time.
Go to your doctor and say you getting sob.He might change your medication,or you might have to go on additional O2.No short answer to this.
Alternative is find a Buteyko practitioner near your.
Kish Tura.
Why does pursed lip breathing make you feel like you're not getting enough oxygen?
This feeling is actually pretty common when you're first learning pursed lip breathing. The technique is designed to slow down your breathing, which can feel uncomfortable at first, especially if you're used to breathing quickly when short Show Full Answer