Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Darlington, SC

I think I have mouth thrash, what can I do for it

August 28, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you can't get the prescription stuff from the dr., try eating yogurt. I can't eat yogurt, so I get Acidophilus capsules. I open them and pour the powder in my mouth, swish it around, chew it up and swallow. If I can't find the capsules, I chew a tablet. It gets rid of thrush by providing the cultures that keep "thrush" in check. A few days , a few times a day and it is gone. Hope that helps.

August 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

have found the best thing and also for prevention, is to rinse your mouth after inhaler with a 1/2 vinegar..1/2 warm water. Haven't had thrush since

August 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As i am on long term antibiotics i am always getting thrush ,i find nilstat is the best for me

August 31, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

To keep it from happening again always use a spacer with any metered dose type inhalers and ALWAYS rinse and spit after using ANY inhalers with steroids!

August 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I almost always get thrush after use of an antibiotic. I try to keep some Nystatin on hand, but sometimes I am without and it is a weekend.

August 30, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Heyburn, ID

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Porthmadog Gwynedd