Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ellenton, FL

The dr. Has recommended a lung clipping procedure. Am curious if anyone has had it and felt an improvement in their quality of life. Thanks for your help

November 28, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I know a number of people who have had successful LVRS experiences. Holly, I posted a link in my original post; if you go there, you'll learn a lot about the process, and you'll learn that those who have successful experiences meet very strict criteria. If you don't meet the criteria, you won't qualify. Friends who have had the procedure in the last four or five years have had difficulty with collapsed lungs and fairly long and complicated recoveries. Once recovered, they have done well. The usual outcome is that people have a good five to seven years of better function, and then eventually go back to where they were before the surgery. For some folks, it's been a precursor to a transplant and gave them some good years before they were ready for a TX.

November 29, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do know a LPN who had it done about a year ago. Doing fine now. Very sore right after surgery, but within 3 months back to normal.

November 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Jean thanks so much for your post and I will surely mention this to my GP when I next see him. As such, I don't get to see him very often, due to too many patients and only if my COPD becomes an emergency!

December 2, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, thank you for the information. We welcome all the information we can get

November 29, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi CBH182, I've heard this LPN before, but I don't know anything about it. Please can you be more specific. I'd like to know more please? Thank you.

November 29, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Aurora, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cleveland, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buffalo, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In