Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Aurora, CO

Has anyone or know anyone who had a lung volume reduction surgery?.

March 17, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a number of friends who've had LVRS or one of the vents, valves, etc. non-invasive procedures that hope to mimic the LVRS. If you meet the criteria for LVRS, you can have a great outcome; if you don't you shouldn't have the procedure. If you go to this site, you can learn a lot about LVRS: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-pro/resources/...

Most of the people I know have had at least five really good years as a result of the surgery; with the vents, valves, etc. results are much less positive. Some people get much more, but because we have emphysema, and it is a progressive disease, eventually the lungs get back to where you were before the surgery.

March 18, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had LVRS. In 2020. Tuck 65pc. Of my right lung of breathed a lot easier as everything they cut of was damaged with air pockets. So I think it was worth it for me k was in hospital for 6weeks afterwards 🌹🌹

March 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Not knowing difference between reduction and resection but I had right middle lobe removed due to small cell carcinoma what is question by the way also have copd

March 22, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buffalo, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ellenton, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wales, UK