If you check me out I had mine done 5 years ago Surgeon offered to do my otherlung now as mine are now not working as well But I've had a lot of benefit .Not a cure but helpmwith breathing and exercise tolerance
I had 4 Zephyr valves placed in my RUL and RML in May 2024. Had them removed and replaced same day with Spiration Valves in December 2024. A little worse now than I was before. Have a meeting with my Surgeon who placed the Valves and a Thoracic Surgeon in April 2025 to discuss the removal of the Spiration Valves and moving forward with Robotic LVRS.
I hope they hurry I hate this feeling.😪
I've had 4 lung valve procedures since August 28th last year. The first one was good until it wasn't. Some months after the procedure they started to granulate and I could barely breath. Had to fly back to Florida from my home in Central America and the valves were removed. Stuck in hotel till swelling went down and healed a bit. So miserable as I was worse than ever. Oct 27 replaced valves. Kinda ok till valves failed again. Fly back to Florida March for extraction. Recover as best I can. Again miserable! March 21, replace valves with different size valves and placecement location. Different Dr. as well (Dr. Woytonowsky). Here it is August again, a year later and am doing very well. I would have the procedure again, but would ask more questions and garner more information. You have to look at us as lab rats, this procedure is still somewhat experimental and they learn new things on every procedure. Good luck. I hope this helped you.
?