Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edinburgh, UK
March 28, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My friend tried it said she felt better,but you have to go weekly,I've got a salt pipe I use that two or three times a day got it online,i also got a salt lamp about two months ago, I find they really help with my cough,don't ask me how,but I've not been coughing half as much as I used to. Take great care everybody.x

March 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Joyce I totally agree with you,I love my salt lamps,can't explain why but they make me feel a lot better,I had the salt pipe for years that done me the world of good,I've had my salt lamp for about six months,and I do feel better. I would try anything to help my breathing,cough,ect. Take care Joyce.x

April 5, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have my lamp on right beside my chair as soon as I sit down I put it on,sometimes the window is open sometimes it's closed,I put it off when I go to bed,then I put my bedroom one on,sometimes I sleep with it on,at other times I switch it of when I settle down to sleep. Is it the right size for your room,.ive also got a salt pipe I inhale that got 15min 2or 3times a night while I'm watching tv. I promise you I don't have shares in salt lamps ect lol I just feel so much better for using them. Keep going with it it won't do any harm.x

April 10, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was talking with a lady who runs a health shop and she told me to try a pipe with Himalayan salt in it. I thought never heard of that salt, to find out it is sold in our local supermarket. I asked
my doctor about that and he said, Yes it is a natural remedy used in eastern countries and it relieves the shortness of breath. Since you can get that pipe only in that health shop I might buy it the next time I go to town and see if it makes a difference.

March 31, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Amazon sells lots of types of salt pipes and at reasonable price hope this helps x

April 5, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edinburgh, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ireland, IN