Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 23, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Cutting back or eliminating SALT will help. Drove me nuts, as I like salty things. I mean eggs without salt??? really!! and sea salt is best.. I also found a little Garlic powder helped.

June 24, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor said to sleep with my feet and legs elevated above my heart. If that didn't help, compression/circulation socks. It is not an uncommon effect of COPD.

June 25, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

no salt and take Water pills-from doctor) to get the swelling down, which is water. Walking and when sitting still, moving feet gently , soaking and using lotion. When I have it bad, it hurts to bend feet at ankles. As I mentioned in another post, I put the foot of my bed up and take a little nap. Watch what you eat and NO salt. Good luck and feel better-C-

July 20, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the swelling and the only thing I know is to be careful and read labels of all the products you eat for the amount of sodium. My doctor says I am allowed 20 mg of sodium a day. Also, take time in the afternoon to elevate your legs if swollen.

June 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have that problem with my left foot swelling something awful. They increaded my water pills but that has not helped. They only thing that does is keeping my foot elevated. I am usually low on sodium so can't cut back on that. I don't use much anyway. I just decided to live with it. Not the answer you wanted but that is how it is with me.

June 26, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clovis, NM

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rolla, MO