Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rochester, UK

Pain used to be when I was active but now it's on breathing, anyone else have this and what do you find helps?

June 28, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

COPD I found out when I went to respiratory therapy
That I was a retainer of c02
So until I could release the c02 nothing would work
Think of our lungs as sponges
It doesn't care what it sucks up
But when it's full
It won't suck up anything
Until we ring it out .
Same with the lungs
It doesn't care what it sucks up
When they are full
Nothing else goes in
Meds don't work right
Because they are not getting to the diseased
Part of the lungs
Remember as a kid blowing bubbles in milk
It helps release the c02
I got a hard plastic bottle with a lid
And a straw
Filled the bottle half way with room temperature
Filtered water
Inhaled through my nose
Exhale into the straw slowly
Using my diaphragm or belly
Making bubbles in the water
I do it before I take any meds
Start with 5 minutes
10 times a day
It's the First thing in the morning when I get up
And the last thing I do before bed
I Keep the straw in the bottle
Keep the lid on it
Carry it wherever I go
It helped me with
Pursed lipped breathing
So the more I use it the better I feel
Helps with anxiety and panic
And controls breathing
So I'm not hyper ventilating
I know it works for me
Good luck
In my prayers
Slow and steady we go
Never alone

July 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had this many times, especially if I have been carrying heavy bags, I usually take painkillers for pain but am usually exhausted for rest of day,

June 30, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I, too have had light blood streaks in my phlegm a couple of times after some major coughing episodes. I assume it was from the tiny blood vessels in my throat. I also have pain in my back in my lung area and between my shoulder blades. This happens mostly when ive been working with my hands and/or arms.

June 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You need to see your pulmonologist

June 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you for asking this question,I also have the phlegm issue and was so terrified to ask about it.Gave me peace of mind !

June 29, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Westbank bc

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In