Hi, I was put on antibiotics.I have this dry deep cough that’s hurts so much in upper chest, when coughing. It’s like my chest is raw . I’ve been drinking lots of water, orange juice , herbal teas. It’s like I get a tickle in the upper chest. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you , hugs. Deb
Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone struggling with a painful dry cough while on antibiotics, offering warm support and a variety of home remedies... Read more
The pulmonologist will not prescribe cough medicine because we are coughing for a reason. Your lungs are trying to get something out of there. But if your coughing a lot, herbal teas usually help some.
I find drinking a can of 100% pure pineapple just helps to quiet the cough. Also dink a mullein tea once a day [Sometimes 2x a day.] it helps to lessen my phlegm production and also seems to help with not coughing so much.
*As with all supplements, ask your doctor if it is ok to use. If you're diabetic the pineapple juice may need monitoring.
Hi Margaret.. Thank you , yes I may need prednisone. No sleep with all the coughing. Hugs
Hi rjdesj,, Thank you for all your info and taking the time to answer me. I also take Trelegy…You sure go through a lot …
My Dr is calling me back today, I hv been on antibiotics and prednisone… still I get coughing spells afew during the day worse at night. I am bringing up stuff. ( good thing) But I do need something to calm this cough at night! The nasal spray seems smart as it usually all starts up there. I will get my daughter to pick me up some…
Yes your right , In this day and age we HAVE to advocate for US as no one else will. Again TY God Bless! One day at a time.
Sorry to hear about this Debbie, praying that you will continue to seek relief for your coughing.
One day you will. Keep the faith.
Thank you all for the hugs , I’m sending them right back to you all.❤️