Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sheffield, UK

Hi i seen on here a few get acid reflux with copd is it normal as i hate having it i take acid tablets have gud an bad days with it i also have a herital hernia any advice be great thanks xx

July 3, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I found that since losing weight, eating smaller meals I no longer suffer acid reflux problem any more! Happy breathing. God bless. Sandy

July 5, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have acid reflux due to hiatus hernia -I dont think its the COPD (in my experience).

July 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thankyou everyone for help we my question its very helpfull an bless u @A MyCOPDTeam Member its not nice to live with i know myself xx

July 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I find taking lanzprosole an hour before food it says 30-60 mins but I find an hour before works better then taking gaviscon advance when I get into bed works quite well just a thought to try or gaviscon mixed with a smidgen of milk hope this help. Eating really small meals definitely helps also avoiding acidic foods hope this helps love T xcxcxx

July 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

COPD doesn't cause acid reflux, nor does acid reflux cause COPD. They do aggravate each other a lot! Acid reflux can cause you to aspirate, too, which can lead to pneumonia. It's important to find out if you have it (many people have a silent version and don't know it) and treat it. It can make your COPD much worse, and your COPD can make the acid reflux worse.

July 5, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Church Hill, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Taylors, SC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oklahoma City, AL