Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kent, WA

Does anyone else suffer with COPD and GERD? If so how do you deal with it????

July 8, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

With Gerd it is possible you aspirated some fluid into your lungs and it set you up for pneumonia. I have had pneumonia several times from it . I have an adjustable bed but slide down to the foot when I sleep . I have better results with a wedge pillow .

July 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Talk with your pulmo and get treated. GERD makes COPD symptoms worse and can cause exacerbations. GERD with COPD is very common and many people don't even know the have it.

July 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

could you tell me what gerd is please?

July 19, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also have gerd & hiatal hernia, take 2 Prevacid a day, cannot substitute with genetic meds. It it important to keep this under control!!

July 19, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also have a problem with GERD. My doctor put me on Nexium, Zantac and Desyrel. And nothing to eat 2 hours before going to bed.

July 14, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Walnut Creek, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lincoln, NE