Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sheffield, UK

Has anyone found they suffer bad depression and panic attacks with having copd

November 22, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do find the breathtaking exercise help with the panic attacks and am getting counciling threw my doctor to help with it too an thanks every u all been helpful

December 4, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yes I suffer from depression and bad panic attacks. it is awful. i was on anxity meds but Dr took me off and that is when I started with all of this.iam going to see if he can put me back on it.

December 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I did suffer with real depression for three months years ago. It is the worst feeling I have ever had. I just wanted to kill myself to stop the feeling. I asked a nurse how long will this feeling last for, she said it could be as long as 18 month. When it had gone I looked in to it. I have woke up sometimes and, as folk do, been asked how I was feeling. And my reply would have been "I feel a bit depressed". Well that wasn't depression. It was more like SAD(Seasonal Affective Disorder). Which can be caused by lack of sunshine. And/or a bad diet, a lack of vitamins in the diet.
I take a lot of supplements now. I'd first heard about Omega 3 from a trial and school kids. Where one group were given extra Omega 3-6 and 9. And the second group were just left to do what they have always done. The +Omega group had a big Increase in memory and responsiveness. Their exam results showed a big Increase. So I began buying milk and margerine with add Omega. And eating fish at least 3 times a week. I discovered Brisling about that time. Which is marketed as Sild or Skippers in the UK. I can now remember both my phone numbers. My NI number. And I could do none of this before.

December 4, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had suffered from depression and panic attacks when I first found out that I had COPD and it wouldn't be something that can be repaired. I have found that since I started exercising it has helped me cope with this problem much better. You just never know they might find a miracle drug to help us clear up our lungs! :) Talk to your doctor please.

December 1, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

YES! I have battled with depression off & on all my adult life but since the DX on COPD & oxygen 24/7 it is the pitts. Of course we re depressed- our whole lives have been turned upside down

November 30, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Doylestown, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boulder, CO