Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Moss Point, MS
December 12, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also suffer from anxiety. That is what brought on my heart attack. I am on Celexa and. I am on something else for panic attacks. I try and keep myself as calm as possible. Stay away from drama and conflict if at all possible.

December 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

stress brought on a heart attack for me in 2013. That is when I was diagnosed with COPD as well. By the way I had no pain with the heart attack at all. Only shortness of breath.

December 22, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get cymbalta for anxiety and it helps with neuropathy in my legs. The best thing for anxiety is freeing yourself from certain people it really makes life better. Stress seems to trigger everything.

December 16, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't understand you being prescribed valium(diazepam) when you have copd?I used to be prescribed this drug too for anxiety but my doctor stoppe
D it because it relaxes the respiratory system.Apparently the drug we should get for anxiety with copd is called lorezapam because it can act like a sedative without relaxing you're breathing

December 16, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I used to take Alprazolam (Xanax) for anxiety and panic attacks.....Now I only use them as a PRN if I feel a stressful situation coming up and it keeps me calm or as a ''Downer'' if i feel my anxiety is heading towards a panic situation.....Anxiety can very quickly make you SOB which in turn leads to Panic and then you are totally breathless.......they all feed off each other....

December 14, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lakewood, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Austin, TX